Hosted by Alton Library, Alton
Friday 18 March 2022
From 10am until 2:30pm
More details are available from the organisers website
We are not responsible for the content of external sites.
Course takes place over two 4 hour Friday sessions, on Friday 18 March and Friday 1 April, 10am-2.30pm. You must attend both sessions.
The course consists of 8 hours of instructor led tuition with the emphasis on practical application of first aid skills. This is a practical course which is interactive and fun. Please note this course is for those with personal caring responsibilities and not for businesses or those who need one for their workplace. We reserve the right to refuse a booking if
we feel it is for business purposes.
By the end of the course you will be able to
• Describe how to act safely and effectively when an accident or emergency occurs.
• Demonstrate the treatment and priorities of care for an unconscious patient.
• Describe how to recognise and treat a person in seizure.
• Describe the recognition of cardiac arrest/delivery of Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
• Describe how to recognise/safely treat a patient who is choking and a patient who is bleeding.
• Demonstrate the correct procedure for shock, including caring for burns.
About the Course
Who is this course for: This is a course aimed for candidates with little or no first aid knowledge. The course is designed to give the learner skills to be able to respond to everyday first aid emergencies, confidently and effectively. It is a practical course, so floor work for CPR/Recovery position is needed
Previous Knowledge or Experience: This practical based course is suitable for both complete novices as well as those wishing to refresh their skills.
How will I learn: Tutor demonstration, individual and whole group practical activities.
How will I be assessed: Tutor Observation
Next Steps: Paediatric First Aid Courses
This course is aimed at Hampshire residents aged 19+ Attendance is expected at each session to ensure that you get the most out of your learning experience and to minimise disruption for other learners. Please advise the venue/tutor of any absence you may have.