To introduce setting up your own sewing machine, sewing basic seams, zip insertion and possibly a motif
- To be able to sew a 1.5cm seam.
- To be able to insert a zip.
- To be able to add a motif if required.
About the course:
Who is this course for: Beginners, but also those with some sewing experience.
Previous knowledge or experience: None needed.
How will I learn: By demonstration.
How will I be assessed: Self-assessment on completion of sewing techniques.
What shall I bring: For this session you will need to buy/bring:
- Sewing machine in working order, with foot controller, presser feet and a small screwdriver.
- Bobbins and thread (matching colour).
- Spare machine needles.
- Small fabric scissors.
- Tape measure.
- Tailor’s chalk.
- Pens/ pencils.
- Cushion pad, square, either 35cm or 40cm square.
- Material of your choice, sufficient to cover your chosen cushion pad.
- Any colour of the following: a normal 12” plastic tooth zip, 40cm of fabric for the zip.
- It would you like to add piping you will also need 180cm of 0.4cm or 0.5cm cord and also the same amount of bias binding to coordinate.