Course runs over 2 consecutive Mondays (Monday 7 - Monday 14 October).
Learning Goals (by the end of the course you will be able to)
- Demonstrate the basic connections and controls
- Set up your tablet with an Apple ID and iCloud account
- Recognise common symbols and terms associated with tablets
- Use common gestures to operate your tablet
- Select, organise, open and close apps from the Home Screen
- Adjust basic settings including connecting to wi-fi
- Use the camera and video recorder
- Find and install apps in the App Store
- Find and install music, films, etc from the iTunes store
About the Course
A general knowledge of computing with traditional laptops/computers would be an advantage.
For the first session you will need to buy/bring:
- Entry code (PIN) to your iPad if one is set
- Email address AND password · Apple ID (which may or may not be your email address) AND password
- Mobile phone if you have one
- Paper and pen to take notes
- An apple iPad fully charged (if you do not have your own you may be able to borrow one from the tutor. Please let us know when booking)
- Charging cable and plug adapter
Monday 7 October 2019, from 1:30pm until 4:30pm
Alton Library, Vicarage Hill, Alton, GU34 1HT
More details are available from the website http://www.hants.gov.uk/shop
We are not responsible for the content of external sites.
Event details may be subject to change.