The Allen Gallery hosts an impressive and varied selection of pottery, porcelain and tiles dating from 1250 to the present day.
The front section of the gallery was originally a stable and coachman’s house. William Hugh Curtis, the final owner of the building, left the premises in his will to be used as a public museum. The gallery opened its doors in 1963 and in 1979 was extended with funds from the WH Allen Bequest and Hampshire County Council.
Alongside its inspiring permanent displays, the Allen Gallery hosts a wide variety of temporary exhibitions all year round, as well as a regular programme of fun events and activities for all the family to enjoy, drop-in sessions, talks and bookable workshops.
We are not responsible for the content of external sites.
Event details may be subject to change.